[mou] 3 Sabine's Gulls at Duluth

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 21 15:36:32 EDT 2007

I went to the Park Point recreation area this morning after hearing
from Kim Eckert, and saw three juvenile Sabine's Gull out from the
airport at 10:40 am.  They headed towards Duluth and I lost sight of
them in the haze.  Twenty minutes later I saw another juvenile fly
towards Wisconsin, possibly one of the same birds.

There was also about 15 Bonaparte's Gulls way out from shore along
with a few terns (Common-type).  There were actually many more terns
in the bay out from the boat launch, in front of Barker's Island in
Superior.

Mike Hendrickson may have more to report from Park Point later in the
afternoon.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors