[mou] Update on Wisconsin Green-breasted Mango

Richard Hoyme rhoyme at msn.com
Sat Sep 22 17:28:52 EDT 2007

I just returned from the long trip to Beloit WI to see the Green-breasted Mango. I did see it last evening at 6:25 PM although briefly. It has made only two appearances yesterday. The one I saw and at about 7:20 AM. I went back this morning before taking off back north, but it did not show up. If your planning to go I would check the Wisconsin list server before to see if it is seen today after I left.

There were birders from all over there. About 30 when I arrived, from as far away as West Virginia. Unfortunately that group left about 15 minutes before it showed up to drive back. It was fun talking to birders from other states. This morning when I left there were at least 50 people waiting to see it. Unfortunately there is not a lot of room for people to stand and if the bird would make a quick appearance like the previous day, many would never have seen it.

Good birding to all.

Rick Hoyme