[mou] Grand Rapids EC Doves

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:35:41 EDT 2007

This morning, Earl Orf and I visited the feeder where the Eurasian Collared-doves had been and at least 2 of them are still present.  Does anyone know if these birds will overwinter in Minnesota?  We also saw an adult and a juvenile Harris's Sparrow in the same yard.  We found a Vesper Sparrow (uncommon in Itasca) at a soybean field just off of CR 10 as well.

Yesterday, I birded around Winnibigoshish Lake and found 2 American Pipits, 2 Harris's Sparrows, Greater Yellowlegs, Redhead, Bonaparte's Gulls, and 2 singing Pine Warblers at Plughat Point.  I also had Harris's Sparrow in Bena, and LeConte's Sparrow and many Ruby-crowned Kinglets at Winnie Ponds.

Shawn Conradhttp://users.2z.net/itasca_chippewa_birding/