[mou] Al Batt speaking at MRVAC on Thursday

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 21:39:23 EDT 2007

You are invited to the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter meeting this
Thursday (9/27).  Please, note the location is different from our home of
recent years.  Al Batt, Minnesota's resident humorist birder will be
speaking at on "Stories from a life gone to the birds".  The meeting starts
at 7pm with a social time and the session starts at 7:30.   Our meetings are
free and open to the public.

Al Batt of rural Hartland, Minnesota is a writer, speaker, storyteller and
humorist. Al writes five weekly humor and nature columns for many
newspapers, and does a show three times per week about nature on a number of
radio stations. He writes a number of popular cartoon strips that are
syndicated nationally and has written jokes for a former President of the
United States. He is a contributing author to the book, Minnesota Bird
Watching. He speaks at various festivals, conferences, and conventions all
over the United States. He has been named Birder of the Year by WildBird
Magazine and received the Ed Franey Conservation Media Award from the Izaak
Walton League. Al leads tours to Alaska, disappears into the woods whenever
he is able, usually on the pretext that he is "taking the dog for a walk,"

We will be meeting at The Minnesota Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
is located at 10715 Zenith Ave S in Bloomington, south of Old Shakopee Road
just west of Xerxes Ave.  To get there take the I-35w 98th Street exit in
Bloomington.  If you have any questions, call me at 612-978-3993.

MRVAC Program Chair
sweston2 at comcast.net