[mou] dark morph Broad-winged Hawk

Chad Heins odunamis at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 08:48:17 EDT 2007

Hey birders!

Yesterday there was very little noticeable raptor movement through the Mankato area but I was blessed to see my very first dark morph Broad-winged Hawk.  I know that this morph is more likely in the western part of its range but am unsure of its documented occurence in the state so I thought I would pass it along.  What a beautiful bird!

Chad Heins
Mankato

P.S. Raptor count at Bethany this fall is at 240 birds of  12 species including Swainson's Hawk.