[mou] Sparrow-less, Warbler-ful

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 18:06:15 EDT 2007

Contrary to Al, I wasn't able to find a single sparrow (ok, maybe one Song.) But I, too, was able to cough up 5 warbler species (nothing noteable). They were quite abundant today, and seemed to be flocking to neighborhood areas rather than on the trails. Another strange observation was when I saw two young Wood Ducks doing the Canada Goose warning display, in which they twist and throw their heads up. Has anyone else seen other waterfowl species do this? Also seen was a Hermit Thrush. A R-C Kinglet, B-H Vireo and an adult BCN Heron were in the vicinity a few days ago. Good birding~

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley
tiger150 at comcast.net