[mou] Gyr & Jaegers & Loons

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 15:41:05 EDT 2007

Hello:

  I arrived at Wisconsin Point at 8:00am and left at 10:30am.

  At 9:30am I relocated the Grey Morph Gyrfalcon along the Wisconsin breakwall. The Gyr was constantly chasing Ring-billed Gulls and it perched several times on top of the lighthouse on the WI side.  Several times the Gyr flew into Minnesota but seem to be concentrating on the gulls on the breakwall. My notes indicate it might be an adult female Gyr.

  Other Birds noted:

  - 1 juvenile Parasitic Jaeger
  - 1 unidentified Jaeger
  - 3 Red-throated Loons  (all of them were in WI waters.)
  - 2 Cackling Geese (Mn side of the Superior Entry way)

  A few Golden Plovers, Sanderlings Lapland Longspurs were also present through out the morning.

Mike Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
  Local Bird Guide