[mou] Western Sandpiper, Brown County

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Sun Sep 30 20:38:58 EDT 2007

9/30/2007

Ruth Hiland and I took a quick trip down to the Sleepy Eye Sewage Ponds this
afternoon.  We arrived a little before 4:00 pm.  For the next 1/2 hour we
watched a number of Least, Baird's and Pectoral Sandpipers and a
Semipalmated Sandpiper on the mud flats near the entrance gate to the ponds.
At that point Joel Claus, spotted a small Sandpiper that had either just
flown in or just opened up from a resting position.  As there were a mix of
sleeping shorebirds there.  So for anyone that is going to check for the
bird on Monday.  Have patience if you do not see the bird when you first
arrive.

Thanks a bunch Brian and everyone else that posted this bird!!!

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, MN

EgretCMan at msn.com