[mou] Gulls, Cranes, Sparrows, Red-winged Blackbirds

Holly Peirson hpbirdscouter at msn.com
Tue Apr 1 00:55:18 CDT 2008

Spring was here yesterday. We went for a walk and heard the Carlos Avery
cranes, they were very loud and active. They have been back for about a
week. We also saw and heard quite a few robins, and at the marshy end of the
road, some red-winged blackbirds, a few mourning doves, and some chipping
sparrows.

Today while on an errand, I saw a flock of easily 200 ring-billed gulls
chasing the wind and snow across the road and field. They were soon
swallowed up by the snow and the gray day but what a sight!

Ah, spring!!

Holly Peirson

Columbus, Anoka Co.