[mou] ALERT: Loggerhead Shrike

Chad Heins odunamis at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 16:52:58 CDT 2008

Hey birders!

I found a Loggerhead Shrike this afternoon at Cobb River WPA southeast of Beauford, MN.  The bird was perched along 586th Ave right next to the road and was extremely cooperative.

At the WPA we also had the following: Trumpeter Swan, Canada Goose, American Wigeon, Northern Pintail, Mallard, Green-winged Teal, Canvasback, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Northern Shoveler, Gadwall, Bufflehead, American Coot, Northern Harrier, Rusty Blackbird, and Vesper Sparrow.

A pair of Blue-winged Teal were present on a pond north of County Road 10 on 586th Ave.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN