[mou] Coon Rapids Dam

Mary Hall mehall53 at msn.com
Fri Apr 4 11:08:17 CDT 2008

Hi Birders!
I'm new to the bird lists and thoroughly enjoying all the fantastic photos and sightings-great job!
Not new to birding however-(got too many years under my belt to admit to!)
Yesterday at the Coon Rapids Dam, I decided to leave the noise of the dam and head to the rookery to see the Herons.
On my way there:
Tree Swallow
Belted Kingfisher
Flycatchers (sm flock-maybe 10 or so)
F Red Breasted Merganser
Osprey (overhead)
I closely examined an large owl pellet and it revealed the remains of a vole
Will head back there today-gotta love the temp!

My own feeders today:
Many slate colored juncos
Robins (many)
House finches
Downy woodpecker
Red Bellied woodpecker
Goldfinches-males are really turning
Red-winged blackbird (I call him Fireman Fred for he slides down the shepherds hook like a fireman)
M and F Cardinals
Blue Jay
Killdeer
pair of Mallards