[mou] Lots-O-ducks, Dakota Co.

James Mattsson mattjim at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 4 17:27:24 CDT 2008

Apr. 4, 2008
5:00pm

This is the largest field feeding aggregation of ducks I've seen in the local area in over a year. From the intersection of Emery and 180th, birds were concentrated both to the NE and NW. I counted over 2,000 on the ground to the NW but there were many more coming and going and just as many to the NE. Certainly 4,000-5,000 are in this area. The flock was mostly Mallards with some wigeon, Gadwall, Pintail, shoveler present as well.

Also, I had an early (for this year) Field Sparrow today. I'm sure I've never seen this species before seeing the other early sparrows (e.g. Fox, which I also saw today, but later).

James Mattsson
mattjim at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.