[mou] Olmsted County - American Woodcock

Bob Ekblad ekblad at frontiernet.net
Sat Apr 5 00:26:26 CDT 2008

We visited the Nelson Fen tonight in SW Olmsted to see if we would find any
American Woodcock and we certainly weren't disappointed.  Without leaving
the parking area we heard/saw at least 6 or 7 birds.  Two of the birds were
visible on the ground along the mowed pathway that extends north from the
east end of the parking lot.   They were just peeting around 7:40pm but got
into their aerial displays about 7:50pm.

The Fen is located along Hwy 30 just to the east of the intersection with
CR3 (map is on my website at: http://www.birding-minnesota.com/BOC-SW.htm )

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in Southeast Minnesota
ekblad at frontiernet.net