[mou] Birding Around White Bear Lake/Centerville Area

johndjonas at aol.com johndjonas at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 20:33:47 CDT 2008

Hello all-

This is my first post since?I've joined?MOU a few days ago, so I?hope I'm doing this right.
Today I was out to photograph birds and saw the following:

At Gem Lake:

1 pr of Red Breasted Mergansers (Displaying well for Camera, great shots)
3 pr of Hooded Mergansers
6+ pr of Woodducks
100's of Mallards
8-10 pr of Lesser Scaup
Canadian geese
Am Coots

On State Bike/horseback/hiking Trail in Dellwood/Grant area:

Lots of Downy Woodpeckers
6 Dark-eyed Junco's
1 White-breasted Nuthatch
1 Golden Crowned Kinglet

On Centerville Rd between Centerville & White Bear TwnShip

100's of ducks in field (woodducks, scaups, and mallards) 90% Mallards
100's of Canadian Geese
8 Trumpeter Swans in same field
1 Belted Kingfisher (to Dark to get a good shot)

Good birding to all!

John