[mou] [mnbird] Today's birds

Bernard P. Friel wampy at att.net
Mon Apr 7 21:36:27 CDT 2008

Put up 5 wood duck houses on Saturday and two are already being checked out
by pairs .
--
Bernard P. Friel
Web Pages - http://www.wampy.com  ;

            http://www.agpix.com/bernardpfriel

            http://myloupe.com/home/found_photographer.php?photographer=1113

            http://www.digitalrailroad.net/bernardfriel

            Owl Gallery: http://www.wampy.com/bn       High Speed Flash
Gallery: http://www.wampy.com/bn2

From: Jim Ryan <muchmoredoc at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:04:33 -0500
To: MNBird List Serv <mnbird at lists.mnbird.net>, MOU Net <mou-net at moumn.org>
Subject: [mnbird] Today's birds

I attended the Anoka County birding day (thanks, Craig - a good time was had
by all) and also managed to get down to the Bass Ponds tonight. FOY birds
for me today:

Anoka Cty:
Golden-crowned kinglet - usually a tough one for me to see!
Ruby-crowned kinglet
Yellow-rump Warbler
Hermit Thrush
Brown Creeper
Red-necked Grebe
Horned Grebe - another one I've seldom seen
Great-horned Owl
Osprey
Sandhill Crane
Red-headed woodpecker
Flicker

Good looks at many other birds too!

Bass Ponds:
Cinnamon Teal - thanks to Denny & Barb Martin, who refound the bird around
6:45pm near where it was last seen by Doug Kieser
Swamp Sparrow - out near the waters edge, a nice up close but brief look.
There were two very cooperative & photogenic Ruddy Ducks and a Beaver!

I also stopped at Cliff Fen park about 7:30pm to look for Woodcock but did
not see any.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan on St. Paul's Westside
651-308-0234 business cell

"A man who dares to waste an hour of time has not discovered the value of
life." - Charles Darwin