[mou] Spring Birding - Jackson, Hennepin, Anoka Counties

Derek Bakken spottedtowhee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 17:35:30 CDT 2008

Hello,

After 27 straight days of work, I finally had 2 days off and instead
of taking a breather, I spent both days birding nonstop.

I started Saturday night on the way to my fiance's cabin on Spirit
Lake in Dickinson County, Iowa.  I woke up early Sunday and birded
Dickinson County for a few hour before heading north into Jackson
looking for large numbers of waterfowl and geese.  The geese have
mostly moved on (although I did find quite a few).  I finished Sunday
with 57 species between the two counties.

We got back to the cities around 11 pm Sunday night and I was up by
5am to meet up with Craig Mandel's group to bird Hennepin and Anoka
Counties.  I finished Monday with 64 species including the Cinnamon
Teal at Bass Ponds and the Black Crowned Night-heron at T.S. Roberts
Bird Sanctuary.

Overall, 84 species in 2 days

-Derek Bakken