[mou] Common Loon - Scott County

Byron and Ginny Blood byron_and_ginny_blood at msn.com
Fri Apr 11 15:01:32 CDT 2008

Today at about 1:15 PM, while leaving the E-recycling event at Canterbury
Downs in Shakopee, I spotted a Common Loon in a small pond on the south side
of Barenscheer Blvd in the Canterbury Downs property just west of the Stable
Area sign.  Barenscheer Blvd is the second left as you head north on
Canterbury Rd from Highway 169.

Also present were a number of Red-Breasted Mergansers.

Traffic was not too bad at that area at the time we were there, but it was
fairly steady and moving at 15 - 20 mph both going into and coming from the
recycling event.  Our actual time from arrival to departure from the event
was 40 minutes.  Much less than I expected.

Byron Blood