[mou] Swainson's Hawk in Washington Cty

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 22:13:33 CDT 2008

I had great looks at a Swainsons' Hawk hovering near the road on Jamaica Av. just north of 100th St. S in southern Washington County today, April 12.? I explored Grey Cloud Dunes SNA and Grey Cloud Island (note there are detour signs to Grey Cloud Island due to work on a bridge over 103rd St).? I found lots of Hermit Thrushes; Fox,Vesper, Song and American Tree Sparrows; 2 Winter Wrens cavorting in a small river just off Grey Cloud Trail south of 103rd; Bonaparte's Gulls and American White Pelicans in the water surrounding Grey Cloud Island.? There remain many ducks.? I also saw 3 Rough-legged Hawks.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County