[mou] Chimney Swift!

Dave Bartkey screechowl at charter.net
Wed Apr 16 20:00:17 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

  While out across our back parking lot at around 7:10 pm this evening, I
looked up and was shocked to see a Chimney Swift flying overhead! I waited
around for a few minutes in vain, hoping it would return. I decided to go
upstairs and grab my binos and also check Janssen's Birds of Minnesota. I
saw that the early date for Chimney Swift was April 8, so that helped me to
feel a little more sane! :-) I headed back down to wait it out and hope for
a return, and around 7:30pm, it made another pass, and then a third enabling
me some views through the binos. I see and hear them here all summer and
usually get my FOY above our apt. building, albeit late April. We are
located in downtown Faribault too, so swift and nighthawk sightings are very
numerous here.

  Another cool thing while I waited for the swift was a flock of around
12-13 Franklin's Gulls flying over! I love their spring duds!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey

Faribault, MN

screechowl at charter.net