[mou] Thurs Night on Goose Lake (Kathy Confer)

johndjonas at aol.com johndjonas at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 09:31:57 CDT 2008

In regards to Kathy's sighting of the Egrets, I thought that I would share that when the ice is out on the East portion of Goose Lake (Across Hwy 61) the Egrets make the southeast end tree line thier summer roost.? In the morning and/or evening you can see upwards to a 100+ egrets roosting in the trees.? It's quite the site.? Also, it's fun to watch them leave in droves in the morning, and in the evening it's fun to watch them come back.

I have witnessed this roosting area for at least 4 summers.? Good stuff.

Hoping this weekend will prove for some good bird watching!

John