[mou] Saturday Birding

john nelson nelsonjc at hickorytech.net
Sun Apr 20 20:30:02 CDT 2008

Spent Saturday morning on a birding outing with four sasoned members
of the Mankato Bird Club. Although a member for sveral years it was my
first oppurtunity to participate. The tour included the Northeast
corner of Blue Earth County. It was an amazing experience for an
admitted novice birder, as we identified 69 species alarge number of
which expanded my life list. We were disapointed to miss Wild Turkey,
Bald Eagle, and Eastern Blue Bird. Happily I saw first two on the way
home, and shortly after a pair of the latter began examination of one
of my houses. My wife and I were able to install our nest cam and
later I found that the female had begun forming a "cup" in the wood
chips.
I can only hope to someday consider myself close to you true birders.
John Nelson
Near Beauford