[mou] Western Grebe +

Richard Hoyme rhoyme at msn.com
Sun Apr 20 22:00:55 CDT 2008

Today I found a Western Grebe in Sibley County on Silver Lake. There were about 20 Loons and a Horned Grebe there as well. I also saw loons on several lakes in Le Sueur County as well as Horned and Red-necked Grebes. Lots of Ducks are still around and about a bazillion Coots.

Other arrivals include both kinglets, Hermit Thrush and all the southern Woodpeckers seem to be back. I was surprised that I didn't run across any Yellow-Rumped Warblers today or Yesterday.

For you Osprey fans, the nesting platform at the Sunrise Unit of Carlos Avery was occupied Saturday.

Good Birding

Rick Hoyme