[mou] Hooded Warbler/Nicollet County

Brian Smith brsmith at sleepyeyetel.net
Tue Apr 22 21:04:48 CDT 2008

Nancy Voges is a co-worker of my wife, Risa, at the New Ulm Medical Center.  Yesterday I happened to stop by to see Risa at work and she told me that Nancy had photographed an unusual bird outside of their home last Saturday (4-19) - a male Hooded Warbler!  Nancy showed me three pictures of the Hooded Warbler as it foraged on the ground by their feeder. There's no question that it is indeed a Hooded Warbler.  Nancy and her family live SE of Courtland near the Minnesota river.  She said that she would be willing to e-mail me the pictures so I could forward to the MOU for documentation.  According to Birds in Minnesota, April 19th would be a very early spring migration date.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye