[mou] Loon photos

Gerald Brimacombe gbrim at integra.net
Thu Apr 24 13:32:29 CDT 2008

All,

I just placed a series of four loon images on the MOU gallery website  The digital images were made last Sunday at the Hyland Lake Park Reserve in Bloomington using a Carl Zeiss 85T Fieldscope and Nikon D300.  The elusive brilliant green mating plumage on the neck and head must be struck at just the right angle by the sun to be seen.  One or two degrees right or left, and it can disappear!. . . an interesting factoid about this magnificent bird that deserves all the protection we can provide.

Enjoy the season,
Gerald Brimacombe
Photographer
Website: www.geraldbrimacombe.com