[mou] red necked grebe

ruthann yaeger ryegr at q.com
Fri Apr 25 16:49:52 CDT 2008

There was a red necked grebe at the East Reservoir outside of Rochester this afternoon.  First time I've seen one there, but it's probably been there before. It was fairly close to the road and can be seen best from the 70th Ave. side.  It displayed itself nicely so I got a not-ready-for-prime-time picture.  Also common loons, ruddies and an assortment of other common waterfowl.  You can download a map to the reservoir from www.birding-minnesota.com
Ruthann Yaeger
Zumbro Valley Audubon
ryegr at q.com