[mou] Ospreys stacked up

dkuder at citlink.net dkuder at citlink.net
Sat Apr 26 08:02:57 CDT 2008

On Friday at Pelican Lake in northern St Louis county, the Ospreys
were stacked up like cordwood over a small patch of open water where
the Pelican River exits Pelican Lake at Orr. There were 7 Ospreys
hovering in the strong north wind waiting their turn at a fish. Many
other waterfowl were also present. Lakes in the area are still ice
covered with small strips of open water along the edges. A group of 6
Swans on Myrtle Lake were taking advantage of this.

Saturday we received a couple inches of snow (not welcome) and the
small yard birds; juncos, white-throated sparrows, fox sparrows are
taking refuge under the porch of my house.

Dee Kuder
Crane Lake, MN