[mou] Yellow rumped warblers Duluth, and the North Shore

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Sun Apr 27 08:21:38 CDT 2008

I also saw a lot of "reverse migration" yesterday around Two Harbors.
 There was a constant stream of Yellow-rumped Warblers, Tree
Swallows, Ruby-crowned Kinglets and Hermit Thrushes flying southwest
along the lakeshore and out over the lake.  I saw at least 80
yellowlegs (mostly Greaters) in several flocks, all flying southwest
along the shoreline.  Smaller numbers of raptors and waterfowl were
also moving southwest throughout the day.  In my yard, I had a flock
of about 250 Rusty Blackbirds.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors