[mou] Dowitchers

Forest & Kirsten Strnad carowren at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 20:22:31 CDT 2008

>From the FOREST  along the Straight River:

  This afternoon Kirsten and I birded in Steele County, south and east of Owatonna.The usual until we got east of Owatonna.  On Rose Street, 2 1/4th miles west of the entrance to Rice Lake State Park at a water puddle in the field at the intersection of Rose Street and S. E. 64th Avenue. we saw three Dowitchers.  One was a LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER and two were SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS.  Gary Johnson and his wife, from Owatonna, were there,  as we pulled up behind their car, and called the birds the same species.

  Forest and Kirsten Strnad
Faribault, MN.