[mou] Black-crowned Night-heron

Richard Wood rwoodphd at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 16:58:38 CDT 2008

Hi all,

On Friday afternoon, while I was on a bus going from the U of Minn. to the U. of Iowa for the MIKI meeting, I saw a single Black-crowned Night-heron hunched over and standing in a marsh just off of I-35 near Dundas.

That was the best bird I saw on the trip.  I did see a Forster's Tern and a few Bank Swallows in Iowa, as well as a Great Egret.  I also saw some swans in Iowa, but I couldn't ID which species they were, as well as a Meadowlark sitting on a power line.

Good birding,
Richard

Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.
Hastings, MN