[mou] hawk nest question

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Tue Apr 29 09:00:24 CDT 2008

Just wondering about the Cooper's hawk that was building the nest
outside my window yesterday - does anyone know general habits of this
species during nest building?  Do they do it all in one big push, or a
few hours a day, or start at one site and discover it isn't quite
right and move on, decides they don't like the neighbors and find a
different site, or just build nests as a hobby on Monday's?

I have folks interested in viewing and photographing the event and
don't want to leave them hanging.  If I could tell something about the
bird's general nest building habits, I wouldn't have to sit by the
bedroom window and wonder why its not here and when it might be.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN