[mou] Rochester

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 30 01:49:11 CDT 2008

This evening after work left me in Rochester, I stopped at the impound dams
west of Rochester by the landfill.  I found eighteen species of waterfowl
including:
1 Common Loon
Red-necked Grebe
4 Horned Grebe
65+ Ruddy Duck on one pond and perhaps ten more on the other
Pelicans

I had one bird calling from the landfill that I could not ID.  The call had
six long notes.  The first three were a nasal or non-musical call followed
by three whistles similar in quality and tone to a Cardinal.  I do not have
anything on my Stokes eastern tapes that suggests an ID.  I tried to find
the bird which was probably calling from the pines, but...

sweston2 at comcast.net