[mou] Sherburne NWR

Todd Merefield tjmerf74 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:34:01 CDT 2008

Today at Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge (Sherburne County) there was a nice variety of birds.  Bald Eagles, Red-Tailed Hawks, Northern Harriers, American Kestrels (male & female), Sandhill Cranes, Trumpeter Swans, Blue-Winged Teal, Ring-Necked Ducks, Pied-Billed Grebes, Northern Flickers, Eastern Bluebirds, Robins, Brown Thrasher, Red-Winged Blackbirds, Palm Warblers, Yellow-Rumped Warblers, Tree Swallows.

There are two Bald Eagle nests viewable from the wildlife drive.  I saw an Eagle in one nest tending to something, the other nest was too far away for my Binoculars.

The Brown Thrasher was putting on quite a show.  It is amazing the amount of songs they have in their repertoire.

There was also a big turtle near the side of the road.  The shell was about the size of an Army helmet.

Todd Merefield