[mou] Red-Throated Loons

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:54:40 CDT 2008

At Park Point I saw three Red-throated Loons. An adult and a juvenile loon were seen straight out from the 2nd boardwalk south of the bath house and a third Red-throated Loon was seen flying north of where I was birding.  The sightings were around 12:30pm.
Also th huge rafts of Greater Scaup were still in the bay as mentioned by Peder Svingen and Kim Eckert.  Among the Greater Scaup were Common Goldeneyes, Buffleheads, Mallards, American Widgeons, a lone Common Loon and one Redhead.
Mike Hendrickson

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/