[mou] RIF - Call Help - Thanks!

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Mon Aug 4 09:35:03 CDT 2008

Thanks for the opinions and assistance on last Friday's request for call ID
help.

Majority feel that the bird was a White-winged Crossbill, which would
certainly fit most of the parameters.  We are a little south of their normal
"stomping ground", but their summer invasion into the northern Midwest and
Northeast probably makes that point moot.

I have heard White-winged Crossbills in flight before (including a week ago
in a northern county), but only in flocks, never singly.  Wonder if that's
what confused me - or simply not expecting it in the beginning of
Minnesota's southern counties - or just a unique dialect - or a brain cramp.

Again, many thanks for the assistance.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties