[mou] Lark Bunting & Western Tanager - Yellow Medicine Co.

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 09:55:27 CDT 2008

After the shorebird seminar with Doug Buri & Bob Janssen, three of us went
down to Yellow Medicine County and found a winter plumage Western Tanager.
A mile away from that we had a brief fly-by of a male breeding plummage Lark
Bunting.
Directions:  turn south a half mile before Gary, SD.  Go two miles until the
road T's and turn left.  The bird was seen on the south side of road in the
next clump of vegetation.  The Lark Bunting was seen one mile south of this
as the bunting flies.  Bird watchers will have to drive around to get there.
It was seen on the north side of the road.

We also found four Orchard Orioles, Red-headed Woodpeckers, Grasshopper
Sparrow, a stiking juvenile Western Red-Tailed Hawk, a family of Turkey, a
Badger, and a Grey Fox.

sweston2 at comcast.net