[mou] [mnbird] Re: Wild Rehabber ?

tvogel tvogel at wrcmn.org
Tue Aug 12 12:03:35 CDT 2008

Hi Stan and Shari -

Shari, I'm not sure when you orginally posted - sorry I missed it.
 From the TC all the way down to Iowa there are no licensed rehabbers
- it's really sad.  Laura Lund used to be down in Farmington, but
she's north of the Cities now, too.  So if any of you birders want to
pursue your licensing that would be fabulous!

If you still need someone, the Wildlife Rehab Center in Roseville is
an emergency medical facility for wildlife (w/full time vets and vet
techs) and has its licenses from both state and USFWS (required for
working w/birds).  Any vet clinic can hold the bird or provide
emergency treatment in the 48 hrs. before transferring to a licensed
center as well.  WRC's contact info is 651-486-9453, www.wrcmn.org -
you can just take the bird there, no need to call first.  They're open
all 7 days of the week.

Hope this helps a bit - let me know if you need anything else.

Tami in Afton (also on staff at the WRC)