[mou] Lake Vadnais, Ramsey County

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 18 11:40:49 CDT 2008

Pretty quiet this morning, a single pelican with the cormorants on the small
west lake -- there had been 3 pelicans there last week.

One big highlight:
*Spotted Towhee -- a first for me.  The bird was seen in the dense
trees/brush at the far north end of the lake on the west side of the road.
Had a brief but clear view of the dark head, red eye, chestnut sides, white
spots on the wings as the bird sat on a branch very close to the ground.
There may have been more than one but I only got a clear view of the one
before it flew off deeper into the woods.

Gail

Gail Wieberdink
wieber64 at comcast.net