[mou] BB Sandpiper, Houston County/Misc. shorebirds Fillmore County

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 21:23:08 CDT 2008

After dozens of attempts over the last 10 Augusts & Septembers to find Buff-breasted Sandpipers at sod farms in Houston County, I finally found one individual Monday evening at about 6:15.  This sod farm is along CR 21, about a mile east of CR 25.   The bird was feeding among lots of killdeer in the brown 'harvested' section of the farm.

John Hockema told me about some shorebirds in Mabel in Fillmore County, and today there were at least 6 common species present along the north side of State Hwy 44 on the east side of town.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN