[mou] Black-bellied Plover, Nicollet County

rdunlap at gustavus.edu rdunlap at gustavus.edu
Sun Aug 24 18:31:47 CDT 2008

This afternoon I went to look for Bob Williams's Buff-breasted
Sandpipers in Nicollet County and came up empty. There were several
species in the second pond of the WMA, but alas no Buffies.

Interestingly, at the Nicollet sewage ponds just south of Nicollet on
the east side of CR 23 I found a breeding-plumaged Black-bellied
Plover sitting on the grassy berm. There was also a Wilson's Phalarope
foraging along the rocky edge of one of the ponds.

If anyone happens to find a Red-necked Phalarope at these ponds,
please post, as over the past four years I have checked here regularly
and only found Wilson's.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County
bobthebirdman.blogspot.com