[mou] Buff-breasted at Jirik 8/24

hagsela at aol.com hagsela at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 12:52:58 CDT 2008

I saw the Buff-breasted SP from 200th, just east of the 1st house on the left after you pass Biscayne.? It was by a shallow pool of water near in the grassy portion near the road.? I observed it around 1:30, Sunday afternoon.? Interesting to me was the group of people flying model planes in the middle of the fields.? I assume they had permission to be there.? The birds didn't seem to be bothered by the activity.

I also checked out Dave Bartkey's Rice County locations.? Thanks for that post!? I did not relocate the RN Phalaropes, but did observe a dowitcher at the Cty 59/Cty 52 intersection.? I also found a good mud flat just off Hwy 35 at the Northfield exit.? Take the frontage road east of the highway south.? There were good numbers of shorebirds there.

Of migrant woods birds, I saw Black-and-white Warblers at a couple of stops in Chisago Cty, Saturday, Aug. 23.

Linda Sparling