[mou] bird ID help

Thomas Maiello thomas at angelem.com
Wed Aug 27 16:49:22 CDT 2008

I have a somewhat hazy pic of a warbler with a single yellow wingbar,
orangy-yellow breast between a white throat and belly, with yellow in
the tail on the sides or beneath - head gray with a dark lower cheek -
back is olive to brown to gray.  I'm thinking Restart but was just
sitting there.  Recent darker and more distinct redstarts have been
the typical darters on caffeine.  This one landed and stayed put for a
good 15 seconds.    The more I look at the book the more likely a
redstart except the dark lower cheek - and no it isn't the shoulder.
I have got to get a better camera.  So much to see, so slow a digital.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN