[mou] windmill killing bird!

premierpets at aol.com premierpets at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 21:15:46 CDT 2008

?????????? I was in Maple Grove today and was watching the windmill in the mall thinking to myself do I really want one in my yard?? All of a sudden a bird got to close and all I could see was a bird falling to its death.? I was far enough away where I could not tell what kind of?bird it was maybe a gull.? I was talking to a guy at the state fair about installing one in my yard, He went on to tell me that the big windmills blades move upwards of 155 MPH (thats fast). So I asked him what if a bird got to close and he said birds don't go near them.? What I seen today I still can't believe but it makes me a little nervous as I have drove though southern MN.?And for the decision on getting a windmill...No I'll stay with my coal electric for now besides?the birds are doing find and the falcons love the towers.?
?????????? On another note counted 107 common nighthawks fly over tonight(from NW to SE), they were not catching insects they looked as though they were on a mission. Migration is under way!

Good Birding to all!
Nowthen (Anoka County)

Chris Brown