[mou] Hello - Information Request

Jackie Nooker jnooker at live.com
Fri Aug 29 14:03:53 CDT 2008

Hello Minnesota Birders,

My name is Jackie Augustine, and I have just moved to Marshall, MN for a one-year teaching position at Southwest Minnesota State University.  I am a native of eastern Wisconsin, but I received my Ph.D. in 2007 at Kansas State University and worked at Wartburg College in Waverly, IA, last spring.  I love the midwest and have enjoyed the cool summer (when compared to the 100-degree Kansas summers).  I'm looking forward to looking for Great Grays 'up north' this winter...

I have a few questions... First, are there any Audubon/Birding Clubs in Southwestern Minnesota? The link to the Southwest Minnesota Warblers Birding Club on the MOUMN.org website is dead.  Second, does the state of Minnesota require a state bird banding permit?  I'm in the process of modifying my federal permit to include Minnesota.

Thanks for the information! I look forward to meeting you.

-Jackie Augustine
Lyon County