[mou] Great Backyard Bird Count - This weekend

MARTELL, Mark MMARTELL at audubon.org
Wed Feb 13 08:50:33 CST 2008

This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC).  It is easy to participate and a great excuse to do a little birding, either from your window at home or at a more serious level. As you wait for the count to begin, test your "Eagle Eyes" through our new, interactive game!  Click here<http://audubon.org/GBBC/game/index.php> to play. When you've finished, be sure to send it on to a friend, especially if they have young people at home.

Here are just a few quick reminders and updates:
>      To enter your bird count checklists, go to http://www.birdcount.org<http://www.birdcount.org/> and click on the big "Enter your Checklists" button at the top of the page.
>      Don't forget to send in your photos through the GBBC website!  You can submit photos from February 15 through March 1, 2008. A select number of photos will be posted during GBBC weekend.
>      Check out the GBBC blog at http://www.birdcount.org/blog<http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/blog>, run by Audubon's Senior Scientist, Rob Fergus, and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology's Science Editor, Laura Erickson.

Each year, your discoveries enlighten and inspire us. And last year, you sent in more than 80,000 checklists, a record-breaking number. Together we can set a new record in 2008! We hope you'll reach out to your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers by forwarding this email to them or personally inviting them to "Count for Fun, Count for the Future!"

Mark Martell
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Minnesota
2357 Ventura Dr. Suite 106