[mou] (no subject)

jenna olsen bethelbirdlady at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:33:22 CST 2008

Hi

I learned of your site through an article in the Star Tribune's birding page.  What a wonderful site you have and a more wonderful job you all do in educating and advocating for our feathered friends.  Thank you for that.

Your organization has been put at the top of my charities list, which, due to financial circumstances is temporarily suspended and only a wish list right now.  But know that when the time comes that I can again support the causes I feel strongly about, your organization will be one of the first I contribute to.

The reason I am writing is that we have had a Mourning dove regularly visiting our feeder areas.  Is this normal for this cold of weather?

We have had regular visits during spring, summer and fall of a few doves for many years.  I have noticed some staying later and later throughout the past few years of mild winters, but none that stayed through Dec, Jan, or Feb.  There was a flock of about seven on the phone wires back in early Dec.  A couple of days later, I found one frozen, it's wings open as if frozen in mid flight.  I thought surely the rest had moved on.  But there is one that still frequents the feeding area in our backyard.  I notice it every other day or so, but it could be coming daily when I am not home.

I am an amateur birder and my most prized visitor to my feeders was a Blue Grosbeak about twelve years ago.

Again, thanks for giving us a site like this.

Jenna Olsen