[mou] Digiscoping discussion

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 11:42:53 CST 2008

I really want to thank everyone for all the really good information that has
been shared on this topic!  I spent a lot of time thinking about going to a
digital SLR camera but in the end decided against it.  The posts here have
made me feel even more strongly that for myself, that was the right
decision.  I have a 5.1 megapixel point and shoot camera with a 12X zoom.  I
have an additional 1.7 telephoto lens attachment and a close-up lens.  For
the most part, I've been pretty satisfied with what I have.  I have a few
framed 8 x 10's hanging on the walls, but generally, I print very few photos
but instead enjoy looking at them on the computer.   My camera equipment is
pretty light so it is not a burden to take along on bird hikes.

With so many photographers going digital these days, what do you find is the
best way/place to store the images?  I've  used both CDs and DVDs and have
thought about getting a portable hard drive.  But all these things seem to
have a life span and perhaps soon CDs and DVDs will be obsolete.  So, what
do all you photographers do with your digital images to preserve/protect
them?

Gail

Gail Wieberdink
wieber64 at comcast.net