[mou] Northern Shrike

john nelson nelsonjc at hickorytech.net
Thu Feb 21 09:57:49 CST 2008

Tuesday afternoon , while watching the bird feeders, my wife and I saw
a Northern Shrike light in our large Viburnum adjacent to the feeder
area. Before I could grab the camera it took off in hot pursuit of a
Junco, which flew into the woods. This was our third sighting of a
Shrike this year, a bird we had never seen at our house. Another first
for us has been off and visits by one or two Mourning Doves at this
time of year. Working in the Wild Bird department at Pet Expo in
Mankato I have had a number of people mention visits of as many as a
dozen Doves at a time, this winter. We are also a Brown Creeper
regularly on peanut and suet feeders.