[mou] March 1 conference on global warming

Valerie Cunningham valwrites at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 08:08:32 CST 2008

I'd like to invite anyone who's interested in birds and climate
change to this free
event.
Regards,
Val Cunningham

Some species of birds are arriving days, even weeks, earlier at their
nesting grounds, among the
already measurable effects of our warming globe. You're invited to a
free, half-day
session sponsored by Audubon to look into some ways to reduce the
major greenhouse
gas that is raising our world's temperature.

Climate Change in Minnesota: What’s Next?

Saturday, March 1, 2008       9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Lake of the Isles Lutheran Church
  2020 W. Lake of the Isles Pkwy., Minneapolis

Everyone interested in the topic of global warming is invited
to attend this important seminar to discuss how carbon sequestration
in prairies and cap and trade in the electric industry can help
reduce the production of greenhouse gases. On the program:

             Sven Sundgaard, KARE-TV meteorologist and
                 producer of the station’s Simply Science segments;
             Barbara Freese, consultant to the Union of
                Concerned Scientists & author of Coal:
                 A Human History, on capping and trading
		carbon credits by electric utilities;
             Clarence Lehman, researcher at Cedar Creek Natural
                     History Area, on prairie biofuels and how such
		    plantations could benefit birds and wildlife.

The summit is free and open to the public. With global climate change
already showing profound effects on our  planet and its wildlife, here’s
your opportunity to discuss what we can do about our warming world.

Co-sponsors: Audubon Minnesota and St. Paul Audubon.