[mou] barred owls, etc.

Ben Parke trumpetplayers at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 17:58:50 CST 2008

Since the sun was shining and it wasn't so frigid I did a little birding today on the north end of Chaska.  There is a very impressive backyard feeder set up along a trail I wanted to check out and I've also seen as many as 6 species of woodpecker there this winter.  Today I was fortunate to see the following:

  white breasted nuthatch
  red-tailed hawk
  red-bellied woodpecker (quite a few in fact)
  downy and hairy woodpecker
  pileated woodpecker
  black-capped chickadee
  european starling
  northern cardinal
  house finch
  goldfinch
  and best of all, not one, but two barred owls in separate spots along the trail.

  good birding, and may spring migration come soon,
  Ben Parke