[mou] Blue Lake

Chad Gustafson c-gust at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:50:16 CST 2008

This Sunday I was able to get to Blue Lake on the MN Valley NWR on 101 just east of Valley Fair.  There was quite a bit of open water, mostly due to the waste water treatment plant im sure.  There were over a hundred mallards and about a dozen trumpeter swans as well a wood duck pair, both hooded and common mergansers, a northern shoveler and also a pintail.

I also seen Sharon Stiteler's rough-legged hawk at the visitor center for the refuge.  This is just south of the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport.  It was perched up on a light pole in the parking lot.  I was able to get some pics as well.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/cgust/Birds/DSC_13990226b.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/cgust/Birds/DSC_14130221b.jpg

Thanks.

Chad Gustafson